Edit: Some of this post has been deleted. Had a think about things overnight..
- Most men just don’t understand what goes into planning a party
- Party planning is like the proverbial Iceberg. 90% planning, 10% execution
- When they say they need a list of things to help with they don’t always mean it. And that is so completely NOT the point.
- Don’t attempt to get a room painted in your house the same week you have a party. You will be the one running around at the last minute buying the paint that was meant to be bought over the weekend
- Of the 3 children in my house it is always the boy that keeps the hair accessories and beads and bangles on for the longest.
- Ditto the handbag
- And my heels
- Potty training girls is not as easy as some Smug Moms say
- Especially not twin girls
- Do NOT buy little steps for potty training girls. They consider them to be potties.
- Risotto takes for farking ever to make and NOT a mid-week meal. Especially if one of us is running after aforementioned potty training twins
- Silent treatment is The Bomb
- Always be horribly late for work. That way you are guaranteed to miss the fire evacuation and the walk down 13 flights of stairs
- And lastly: screw the party budget. I’m going BIG.
Disclaimer: I reserve the right to have a general little whine. No children were harmed during the writing of this post.