This is what this is all about. Just so you know 🙂
This 30 days of Truth is seriously getting in the way of talking about my delicious children, so for today’s post I’ll combine the two. Because, besides hoping never to loose a child (like my Brother-in-law that lost a child and his wife in a car accident), I hope never to loose my family in any way. I cannot imagine anything worse.
If I ever had to loose them I would miss
- Saying/singing/humming Grace 4 times before we can eat at night
- Taking turns blowing food cold. (Everyone takes turns with Everything)
- Reading the “Buffalo’s” Child before bedtime (Gruffalo’s Child)
- Cutting up fruit, putting it on one plate and sharing and having a cuddle after supper
- Watching Barbie “Renoster” (Barbie Pegasus)
- Trying to read a story to 3 wriggling children
- Adjudicating an argument with twins that share a room about having the big light on or off (besides the night light)
- Putting a toy dinosaur in a fish tank when the fish mysteriously die because it doubles as a night light
- I would actually miss waiting for 10 minutes in the morning because my son has decided he needs to make a poo just as we are herding everyone out the door.
- I would miss how wonderfully gentle and attentive and consistent and fair my husband is with them. For all the reasons I love him, this is probably the best.
I hope I never, ever have to live my life without them, I am enormously blessed and eternally grateful for what we have.