I felt like making a fried rice thingy, so I found this recipe on the web. I’m not overly fond of bean curd (cue small shudder), so I replaced the bean curd with cashew nuts. To be honest, I replaced most of the recipe, so here’s my version.
- 1.5 cup brown basmati rice, uncooked.
- 3 eggs, whisked
- small punnet of baby corn
- small punnet of snap peas
- a huge red pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- handful of mushrooms, shredded by hand
- 1/2 cup cashews
Cook the rice and cool. Fry the eggs in a little butter in a wok, chop up into pieces and tip into a dish. Next fry the onion for a minute then add the garlic and ginger and fry for a further couple of minutes. Tip the corn, peas, pepper and mushrooms and fry until the veg is still crispy, but nicely warmed up. Then add the rice, eggs and cashews, heat up and serve.
Splash some balsamic reduction over and tuck in!